Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Liebster Award

I fear, fair readers, that I have been a bit absent of late. Between working quite a lot of hours the past two weeks, working on my word count for Camp Nanowrimo, and *blush* getting re-addicted to Downton Abbey, I have had little time for finishing blog posts. I hope to amend that soon.


But here I am! And a BIG thanks to Ciera Horton @ The Write Things for tagging me for the Liebster Award. Ciera keeps a great blog on writing and culture that all of you must read. Let me tell you, this girl is going places. Plus, she is currently hosting a book giveaway on her blog that you are all welcome to enter. 

But now...For the Liebster Award


1. I hate shoe shopping. Always have, probably always will. Could be because my foot size is 5 1/2 Wide. FYI that size has a good chance of having a light-up Buzz Lightyear or Disney princess on the size.

2. At Mexican restaurants I order chicken nuggets or a cheeseburger.

3. Saturdays in the fall are for college football. Saturdays not in the fall are for wishing it was football season.

4. CONFESSION: Part of me wishes Christine had chosen The Phantom over Raoul. 

5. I can get a little obsessive over dairy products--various cheeses, Greek yogurt, and cottage cheese make me very happy.

6. I don't know how many times I've watched The Lord of the Rings movies. No one wants to count that high outside of math class. 

7. Binge-watching British television shows happens a lot more than it should...Anyone want to watch Downton Abbey, Doctor Who, Merlin, or Sherlock?

8. Office supplies are my favorite! I unofficially collect them. 

9. My computer just crashed. I hate my computer. 

10. Tea? It's okay. Coffee? Gross. Hot chocolate? Yes, please!

11. My two favorite baseball teams are the Chicago White Sox and whoever is playing the Cubs. 

Now for Ciera's questions...

1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Great Britain, for a long and jolly holiday. I've dreamed of visiting since I was four, which was when I first learned that such a place existed thanks to C.S. Lewis and four Pevensie children. 

2. Would you rather have the starring role in a movie only ten people see, or be an extra in a huge blockbuster hit?

The huge blockbuster hit. That would be a good story to carry into awkward social settings, not to mention watching the movie over and over again to try to spot myself in the background. I just hope it's a good one and that they don't cut my scene. 

3. If you could relive any day from the past year, what would it be and why?

I'd like to go back to Disney World, please. 

4. What famous movie or book character do you identify with?

Frodo Baggins. He's short; I'm short. He likes food; I like food. He's resilient; I've been called that too. He inspires me, and his journey (and the aftermath) really speak to my heart. I bawl every time I read "The Grey Havens" chapter even though I've read it plenty of times. #FrodoLives

5. How would you describe your personality as a fashion accessory?

I'll go with a scarf because I'm versatile and dependable with a flash of flair. I can mean business, but I also know how to have fun. 

6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? 

I would be able to karate chop a fly out of thin air. That could be pretty useful. 

7. If you had only one day left to live, what would you do?

I would write one seriously long journal entry, holding nothing back. Then I would go spend the day with my family. 

8. What's a secret talent you have that most people don't know about?

I have extremely mobile facial expressions. But I guess that's not something you can keep secret real well. 

9. Are you a morning or a night person? 

Neither. I am a sleeper. My brain starts to shut down at 9 p.m. but anytime I have to wake up before 8:30 a.m. things look pretty ugly. 

10. Why did you start blogging?

For a lot of reasons. First, to keep myself writing--it helps to get words on the page. Second, I wanted to start connecting with readers and fellow writers as I embark on my writing journey. Third, sometimes I feel like I have something to share. My hope is that A Curious Thrill becomes a place of encouragement, inspiration, and growth as we walk through life. It's a blog with a lot geared towards readers and writers, but I try to make it accessible to everyone. There's so much to learn from one another! 

11. What's something you hope to accomplish or work towards this year?

Finish something! A writing project besides papers for class, that is. If I could get things in gear and actually finish a draft of my work-in-progress Beautiful, that would be stellar. However, I don't know if I'll get that far. But I need to finish a draft of something. It's been awhile. 

Here is where I'm supposed to tag 9 of my fellow bloggers. However, I am so new to the blogging word that I don't have that many people to tag. Only 1, actually. 


1. If you were a color, what color would you be?

2. What is one of your favorite childhood memories?

3. If you could enter into any book series, which one would you choose?

4. Do you have a favorite sport?

5. Dogs or cats?

6. Favorite Disney character?

7. If you could travel to any time period, where would you go?

8. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

9. What books are on your reading list?

*I'm stealing the last two from Ciera's questions for me because I liked them so much.*

10. Why did you start blogging?

11. What is a goal that you hope to accomplish this year?

Thanks again, Ciera! Now it's Rebeka's turn. And I hope to be back soon with more curious thrills to share and new features to unveil. 

Until then, I bid you all...Happy Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment